Parking, spectators, weather, photos etc.
We kindly ask you approach access for parking from the A4074/A4130 round-about through Crowmarsh Gifford (along The Street) rather than driving through Wallingford town centre. This is particularly important for trailers as there is no left-hand turn into access road to trailer park.
Address for trailer parking: The Street,Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon OX10 8EB (this is for the campsite but the postcode should get you close enough with SAT NAV)
- Only trailer parking is permitted in the riverside car park. (Boat rigging can be done in the field located on the other side of the bridge from the riverside car park).
- Please note that longer boat trailers will not be able to park in the boat trailer park due to new height barriers at the entrance.
- There is no access to the boat trailer park the day prior to racing as a height barrier at the entrance will be locked preventing access.
Competitor and spectator parking
All non-boat trailer vehicles must use the car park at the former South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC) offices. Please allow approx. 10 mins to walk from the car park to the boating area.
Address for competitor and spectator parking: South Oxfordshire District Council, Benson Lane, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon OX10 8ED
Please note, this car park will be locked up at 18.00 after the event. Please remove your vehicle in good time after racing and derigging.
To access the river, proceed out of the main car park entrance and turn right and walk along the road until you reach the mini roundabout by The Queens Head pub. Then turn right and walk along the road towards Wallingford. This will lead you straight down to the river and boat trailer park. Please avoid using the public footpath which cuts through the residential areas especially if it is dark as this is not lit. We would also like to avoid disturbing our neighbours as much as possible.
- Both car parks are free on the day.
- Disabled parking will be allowed in the trailer park area.
- As a courtesy to local residents and shoppers, competitors are requested not to park in town or on grass verges.Please do not park in any residential areas and side-roads in Crowmarsh Gifford.
- No parking is allowed on the bypass bridge or on the grass verges along the bypass for safety reasons.
Please bring suitable footwear and clothing. The ground may be muddy and slippery and the weather may be cold, windy and wet.
Hot drinks and food are available under the Wallingford Bridge arches (Crowmarsh side), by the trailer park and marked as Crew Registration on the course map.
Use the course map to identify appropriate vantage points.
On the Wallingford side of the river, the river side path starts at the finish (OUBC) and continues south to Cholsey Ferry. (Approx 4000m to go). A good vantage point is on the New Bypass Road Bridge. (Approx 1000m to go)
You can also watch the finish from the Crowmarsh (east) side of the river. Note that there is no riverside path south from the finish towards the New Bypass Road Bridge.
Best access to see the start is from the east, joining the river path from North or South Stoke, or the little road between the two villages which goes fairly close to the river (look for Littlestoke Manor).
You have access to the river from the west at Moulsford (Beetle and Wedge) but this is south of the start and you will only see crews waiting.
Weather Forecast Including sunrise and sunset times