Parking, spectators, weather, photos etc.
We kindly ask you approach access for parking from the A4074/A4130 round-about through Crowmarsh Gifford (along The Street) rather than driving through Wallingford town centre. This is particularly important for trailers as there is no left-hand turn into access road to trailer park.
Address for trailer parking: The Street, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon OX10 8EB (this is for the campsite but the postcode should get you close enough with SAT NAV)
- Only trailer parking is permitted in the riverside car park. (Boat rigging can be done in the field located on the other side of the bridge from the riverside car park).
- Please note that longer boat trailers will not be able to park in the boat trailer park due to new height barriers at the entrance.
- There is no access to the boat trailer park the day prior to racing as a height barrier at the entrance will be locked preventing access.
Competitor and spectator parking
All non-boat trailer vehicles must use the car parks identified below:
Car Park 1 – Howbery Park can be used for any type of vehicle and the address is: Howbery Park, Benson Lane, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BA
Car Park 2 – CEH can be used for any type of vehicle and the address is: CEH Wallingford, Benson Lane, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8BB
Car Park 3 – Riverside Meadows can be used for 4 wheel drive vehicles only, The address is The Street,Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon OX10 8EB
We are very grateful to the businesses above providing us access to the car parks for this event.
Please register for parking here to give an idea of numbers expected for each car park.
We would also like to avoid disturbing our neighbours as much as possible.
- All car parks are free on the day.
- Disabled parking will be allowed in the trailer park area.
- As a courtesy to local residents and shoppers, competitors are requested not to park in town or on grass verges.Please do not park in any residential areas and side-roads in Crowmarsh Gifford.
- No parking is allowed on the bypass bridge or on the grass verges along the bypass for safety reasons.
Please bring suitable footwear and clothing. The ground may be muddy and slippery and the weather may be cold, windy and wet.
Hot drinks and food are available under the Wallingford Bridge arches (Crowmarsh side), by the trailer park and marked as Crew Registration on the course map.
Use the course map to identify appropriate vantage points.
On the Wallingford side of the river, the river side path starts at the finish (OUBC) and continues south to Cholsey Ferry. (Approx 4000m to go). A good vantage point is on the New Bypass Road Bridge. (Approx 1000m to go)
You can also watch the finish from the Crowmarsh (east) side of the river. Note that there is no riverside path south from the finish towards the New Bypass Road Bridge.
Best access to see the start is from the east, joining the river path from North or South Stoke, or the little road between the two villages which goes fairly close to the river (look for Littlestoke Manor).
You have access to the river from the west at Moulsford (Beetle and Wedge) but this is south of the start and you will only see crews waiting.
Weather Forecast Including sunrise and sunset times