Details of the event and how to enter in 2023 here!
Please ensure that you have checked the competence of crews prior to entry; Wallingford sculls is a challenging course, and we have had a small number of crews in the past enter that really should not have done. This ruins the race experience for all other crews. We will be monitoring crew standards on the way to the start, and if we have any safety concerns we may ask crews not to race.
The 2023 Wallingford Long Distance Sculls will be held over 3 divisions, the same as last year. Both long divisions will be held over approximately 4000m and the short distance approximately 2500m
Entries will open on BROE on Friday 15th September 2023 at 3pm and close when 400 entries in total have been received across all divisions, or, at the latest Thursday 21st September 2023 at 6pm.
Divisions and Events
|Division 1 11:00
|Division 2 14:45 (short course)
|Division 3 15:00
|Junior 15 4x+ (short course)
|Women`s Junior 15 4x+ (short course)
|Junior 14 4x+
|Open Masters 1x
|Women`s Junior 14 4x+
|Open Masters 4x
|Open Masters 2x
|Junior 15 2x
|Women`s Masters 1x
|Women`s Masters 4x
|Women`s Junior 15 2x
|Women`s Masters 2x
|Junior 18 1x
|Junior 15 1x
|Junior 18 4x
|Junior 18 2x
|Women`s Junior 15 1x
|Women`s Junior 18 1x
|Women`s Junior 18 4x
|Women`s Junior 18 2x
|Women`s Junior 17 1x
|Junior 17 1x
|Junior 16 1x
|Junior 16 4x
|Junior 16 2x
|Women`s Junior 16 1x
|Women`s Junior 16 4x
|Women`s Junior 16 2x
|Junior 15 4x+ (experienced crews only)
|Women`s Junior 15 4x+(experienced crews only)
- Crews will be set off in order of their CRI within each category.
- Open and Womens singles,Doubles and Quads will be run as one category, with up to 5 tiers, split by CRI, depending on the entry in each.
– Doubles and Singles will be run in one division, Quads in the other (see entries table).
– Bespoke enamelled medals will be awarded to the fastest crews in each tier.
- Junior 16, 17 & 18 event (Open and Women’s) will be run across divisions 1 and 3 as per the event allocation table; bespoke enamelled medals will be awarded to the fastest in each age category.
- Open and Women’s Masters Singles, Doubles and Quads will be run in the alternate division to the standard events, handicapping may be used to combine categories to ensure fair competition.
We understand that this format may have limited the doubling up options for a small number of scullers, but we feel that this is probably the best format considering all the variables we are faced with. We always look to take on feedback after the event to ensure next year’s event can continue to evolve & improve.
Masters Entries: If there are insufficient entries in any age class the organisers reserve the right to create a handicap event and move entries around to suit. If you do not wish to race on a handicap basis it is your responsibility to let the organisers know in advance.
payable via BROE
Preferably contact via email please, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Rachael Haycock on 01491 824372 evenings only. WhatsApp messages may be sent to 07769 299259 but do not use the number for calls in office hours.
The Small Print!
1. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY ENTRY WITHOUT STATING A REASON.
2. The Wallingford LDS is held under the BR rules of racing and will conform to the Rowsafe: Guide to Safe Practice in Rowing.
3. Masters Entries: If there are insufficient entries in any age class the organisers reserve the right to create a handicap event and move entries around to suit. If you do not wish to race on a handicap basis it is your responsibility to let the organisers know in advance.
4. No Composite entries shall be accepted.
5. Competitors will provide their own boats, oars and sculls, which must conform to current BR rules especially in respect of heel restraints and bowball security. All boats and equipment are brought to the regatta at the owner’s risk. All boats must display their 6 character identification code at all times
6. If the event is oversubscribed entries may be closed earlier.
7. No doubling up or boat sharing is allowed in events in any one division or between divisions 2 and 3.
8. Clubs may alter the details of their entries at any time up to the close of entries.
9. Crews that scratch after the close of entries will be liable for payment of their entry fees. In the event of postponement or cancellation of the whole race, a FULL REFUND of entry fees will be made.
10. Please ensure that you include a contact name, address, email address and telephone number so that we can contact you when entries close if necessary. The draw will also be displayed on this website.
11. Please note that this event, in common with all rowing events, may be photographed by amateurs or professionals who sell their photographs. By entering you recognise that you may be photographed in this way.