Details of the event and how to enter in 2019
In 2019 the Wallingford Long Distance Sculls will be held over 3 divisions, Division 1 and 3 held over 4250m and Division 2 over 1500m. Division 2 will be limited to 50 entries. Note that Division 2 starts immediately before Division 3.
Entries will open on BROE on Wednesday 11th September 2019 at 8pm and close when 450 entries in total have been received across divisions 1 and 3, or, at the latest, so Thursday 19th September 2019 at 6pm.
Divisions and Events
After much discussion last year following the new competition structure implementation, we have agreed on a new format for the event. We toiled with different formats and discussed many pros and cons for each, but the format for this year will Remain as last year.
Please note that due to persistent low entry levels J14 and WJ14 2x and 1x have been removed from the meeting:
|Division 1 11:00||Division 2 14:45||Division 3 15:00|
|Open 4x||Junior 15 4x+||Open 1x|
|Women`s 1x||Junior 15 2x||Open 2x|
|Women`s 2x||Junior 15 1x||Women`s 4x|
|Open Masters 1x||Women`s Junior 15 4x+||Open Masters 4x|
|Open Masters 2x||Women`s Junior 15 2x||Women`s Masters 1x|
|Women`s Masters 4x||Women`s Junior 15 1x||Women`s Masters 2x|
|Junior 18 1x||Junior 14 4x+||Junior 18 4x|
|Junior 18 2x||Women’s Junior 14 4x+||Women`s Junior 18 1x|
|Women`s Junior 18 4x||Women`s Junior 18 2x|
|Women`s Junior 17 1x||Junior 17 1x|
|Junior 16 1x||Junior 16 4x|
|Junior 16 2x||Women`s Junior 16 1x|
|Women`s Junior 16 4x||Women`s Junior 16 2x|
|Junior 15 4x+|
|Women`s Junior 15 4x+|
- We will present Ornamental Blades (pictured above) to the fastest Single, Double and Quad (Open and Women’s, one per crew) across the day.
- Crews will be set off in order of their CRI within each category.
- Open and Womens singles,Doubles and Quads will be run as one category, with up to 5 tiers, split by CRI, depending on the entry in each.
– Doubles and Singles will be run in one division, Quads in the other (see entries table).
– Bespoke enamelled medals will be awarded to the fastest crews in each tier.
- Juniors 16, 17 & 18 event (Open and Women’s) will be run across Divisions 1 & 3, Bespoke enamelled medals will be awarded to the fasted in each age category.
- Open and Women’s Masters Singles, Doubles and Quads will be run in the alternate division to the standard events, pint tankards will be awarded to the fastest in each category which receives more than 4 entries; handicapping may be used to combine categories to ensure fair competition.
- All J15 and J14 crews shall race in the shorter, division 2, pint tankards will be awarded to the fasted in each age category. J15 4x+ will also be able to race in Division 1 should coaches feel athletes are capable of the longer distance.
We understand that this format may have limited the doubling up options for a small number of scullers, but we feel that this is probably the best format considering all the variables we are faced with. This is very much a learning curve for us all, and we will look to take on feedback after the event to ensure next year’s event can continue to evolve & improve.
Masters Entries: If there are insufficient entries in any age class the organisers reserve the right to create a handicap event and move entries around to suit. If you do not wish to race on a handicap basis it is your responsibility to let the organisers know in advance.
£15 per seat payable
by WorldPay via BROE
Preferably contact via email please, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Rachael Haycock on 01491 824372
The Small Print!
1. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY ENTRY WITHOUT STATING A REASON.
2. The Wallingford LDS is held under the BR rules of racing and will conform to the Rowsafe: Guide to Safe Practice in Rowing.
3. Masters Entries: If there are insufficient entries in any age class the organisers reserve the right to create a handicap event and move entries around to suit. If you do not wish to race on a handicap basis it is your responsibility to let the organisers know in advance.
4. No Composite entries shall be accepted.
5. Competitors will provide their own boats, oars and sculls, which must conform to current BR rules especially in respect of heel restraints and bowball security. All boats and equipment are brought to the regatta at the owner’s risk. All boats must display their 6 character identification code at all times
6. If the event is oversubscribed entries may be closed earlier.
7. No doubling up or boat sharing is allowed in events in any one division, or between Division 2 and Division 3.
8. Clubs may alter the details of their entries at any time up to the close of entries.
9. Crews that scratch after the close of entries will be liable for payment of their entry fees. In the event of postponement or cancellation of the whole race, a FULL REFUND of entry fees will be made.
10. Please ensure that you include a contact name, address, email address and telephone number so that we can contact you when entries close if necessary. The draw will also be displayed on this website.
11. Please note that this event, in common with all rowing events, may be photographed by amateurs or professionals who sell their photographs. By entering you recognise that you may be photographed in this way.