Details of the event and how to enter in 2021 updated 09:00 12/09/2021
Entries open at 20:00 TODAY – Please ensure that you have checked the competence of crews prior to entry; Wallingford sculls is a challenging course, and we have had a small number of crews in the past enter that really should not have done. This ruins the race experience for all other crews. We will be monitoring crew standards on the way to the start, and if we have any safety concerns we may ask crews not to race.
The 2021 Wallingford Long Distance Sculls will be held over 2 divisions, unfortunately the “middle” short division has succumbed to COVID measures to reduce total numbers in and around the event. Both divisions will be held over approximately 4000m.
Entries will open on BROE on Sunday 12th September 2021 at 8pm and close when 380 entries in total have been received across both divisions, or, at the latest, so Thursday 16th September 2021 at 6pm.
Divisions and Events
|Division 1 11:00||Division 2 15:00|
|Open 4x||Open 1x|
|Women`s 1x||Open 2x|
|Women`s 2x||Women`s 4x|
|Open Masters 1x||Open Masters 4x|
|Open Masters 2x||Women`s Masters 1x|
|Women`s Masters 4x||Women`s Masters 2x|
|Junior 18 1x||Junior 18 4x|
|Junior 18 2x||Women`s Junior 18 1x|
|Women`s Junior 18 4x||Women`s Junior 18 2x|
|Women`s Junior 17 1x||Junior 17 1x|
|Junior 16 1x||Junior 16 4x|
|Junior 16 2x||Women`s Junior 16 1x|
|Women`s Junior 16 4x||Women`s Junior 16 2x|
- Crews will be set off in order of their CRI within each category.
- Open and Womens singles,Doubles and Quads will be run as one category, with up to 5 tiers, split by CRI, depending on the entry in each.
– Doubles and Singles will be run in one division, Quads in the other (see entries table).
– Bespoke enamelled medals will be awarded to the fastest crews in each tier.
- Junior 16, 17 & 18 event (Open and Women’s) will be run across both divisions; bespoke enamelled medals will be awarded to the fastest in each age category.
- There will be no Junior 15 categories in this years event.
- Open and Women’s Masters Singles, Doubles and Quads will be run in the alternate division to the standard events, handicapping may be used to combine categories to ensure fair competition.
We understand that this format may have limited the doubling up options for a small number of scullers, but we feel that this is probably the best format considering all the variables we are faced with. This is very much a learning curve for us all, and we will look to take on feedback after the event to ensure next year’s event can continue to evolve & improve.
Masters Entries: If there are insufficient entries in any age class the organisers reserve the right to create a handicap event and move entries around to suit. If you do not wish to race on a handicap basis it is your responsibility to let the organisers know in advance.
payable via BROE
Preferably contact via email please, email@example.com or phone Rachael Haycock on 01491 824372
The Small Print!
1. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY ENTRY WITHOUT STATING A REASON.
2. The Wallingford LDS is held under the BR rules of racing and will conform to the Rowsafe: Guide to Safe Practice in Rowing.
3. Masters Entries: If there are insufficient entries in any age class the organisers reserve the right to create a handicap event and move entries around to suit. If you do not wish to race on a handicap basis it is your responsibility to let the organisers know in advance.
4. No Composite entries shall be accepted.
5. Competitors will provide their own boats, oars and sculls, which must conform to current BR rules especially in respect of heel restraints and bowball security. All boats and equipment are brought to the regatta at the owner’s risk. All boats must display their 6 character identification code at all times
6. If the event is oversubscribed entries may be closed earlier.
7. No doubling up or boat sharing is allowed in events in any one division.
8. Clubs may alter the details of their entries at any time up to the close of entries.
9. Crews that scratch after the close of entries will be liable for payment of their entry fees. In the event of postponement or cancellation of the whole race, a FULL REFUND of entry fees will be made.
10. Please ensure that you include a contact name, address, email address and telephone number so that we can contact you when entries close if necessary. The draw will also be displayed on this website.
11. Please note that this event, in common with all rowing events, may be photographed by amateurs or professionals who sell their photographs. By entering you recognise that you may be photographed in this way.